Senior Project Manager
- Work location: Regina, SK
- Contract term: 12 months possible extension
Our client, a global leading IT company, is looking for a Senior Project Manager.
- Must have Telcom experience
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years experience in a Senior Project Manager role
- PMP Certification required
Senior Project Manager
- Various projects to improve, modernize and sustain application infrastructure environment to create enabling IS architectures to support future business applications.
- Various projects that develop the enabling environment and infrastructure to support developing or enhancing Products and Services.
Certifications & Education Requirements:
- Project Management Professional (PMI-PMP) is required
- Certified in People Change Management (e.g. Prosci) is desired
- Certified in IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL) is desired
- Education and training normally gained through post-secondary education at the University or Technical Institute level in one of following: Computer Science / Business Administration / Engineering
Skills and Expertise:
- Minimum eight (8) to ten (10) years experience as a Senior Project Manager
- Experience in managing product development, information systems and network project in the telecommunications industry including proven experience managing on scope, on schedule, on budget
- Experience initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing projects in the telecommunications industry or an organization of comparable size and complexity
- Proven experience with project budgeting, cost tracking and cost control
- Strong leadership qualities in organization, planning, facilitation, risk analysis, controlling, negotiation and communications (verbal and written)
- Vendor management skills required including direct experience managing system integrators
- Proven experience in managing complex technology projects including managing requirements, solution design, development and testing
- Expertise in using project management tools including MS Project for schedule development, progression of schedule and resource management; and SharePoint for Project Libraries
- Core competencies such as initiative, relationship building, influencing others, problem solving and decision making
- Proven experience managing cross divisional project teams and working with various stakeholders including Executive Management
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, methodologies, and related practices (eg: Project Management Institute's (PMI) PMBOK, PRINCE2, Agile and Prosci Change Management)
- IS IT Project Manager - experience with various application software packages (eg: Seibel CRM, SAP, Oracle BRM, etc.)
- Technology Engineer Project Manager - experience with various network technologies (eg: VoLTE, LTE, IMS, etc.)
- Accountable for all aspects of the project (or phase) over the entire project life.
- Responsible for project deliverables. In doing so the Consultant will be responsible for managing the schedule, budget, scope, issues, risks, and communications.
- Act as the single point of contact and escalation for the project.
- Manage the overall project
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)