Role: DB2 UDB Administrator
Term: 12 months
Database Administration is the process of administering to the physical aspects of the customer database. Physical administration would include the creation, modification, tuning, backing up and recovering of the database.
Candidate must have knowledge and experience performing DB2 UDB Physical database administration.
This includes the following:
DBMS product installation, maintenance and configuration
- Perform database space management and monitoring.
Backup and Recovery
- Implement requirements for database backup and recovery requirements.
- Ensure that there are successful nightly recoverable backups of all databases.
Execute Job Database recovery procedures in case of either Hardware or Software problems.
Performance and Tuning
- Perform database reorgs, statistics and other applicable utilities to ensure proper database function and performance.
- Monitor and tune databases to ensure optimal performance based on database and operating statistics.
- Perform problem determination and resolution.
- Investigate and fix any database system problems. Support to applications within scope.
Prepare change requests to migrate new and/or changed database objects into production.
Create and maintain database structures.
Migrate and install new/changed database objects to the database environment.
Assist with migration and/or load of application data into the database environment.
- Maintain and implement database security based IBM and or client security policies.
Provide recommendations on application design guidelines for database access.
Provide & maintain jobs/scripts in support of maintaining the physical aspects for the databases and the database management systems.
5+ years DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition and Advanced Enterprise Server Edition. Versions include V8, V9, V10 and V11 with all sub-levels and fix packs.
5+ years experience supporting DB2 with Database Partitioning feature (DPF) in DB2 AESE
5+ years experience working in server environments (Linux, Unix and Windows)
3+ years experience in after hours support work and participate in oncall rotation
Ability to speak French
DB2 UDB Enterprise Server Edition and Advanced Enterprise Server Edition.
Versions include V8, V9 and V10, V11 will all sub-levels and fix packs.
TSM for back-up and restore
AIX (korn shell) and Windows (Perl) scripting experience
UDB client installation and support
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)