IT Project Financial Analyst
- Contract Duration: start ASAP till Jan 28, 2020 possible extension
- Worksite: Vancouver preferably - onsite, will consider candidates in Calgary onsite
Our client, a global leading organization, is looking for a Financial Analyst.
Reporting to the IT Portfolio Manager, the Financial Analyst will support important topics such as digitization, automation and advanced analytics and provides an opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
The project is responsible for refreshing and fortifying the digital backbone at operations globally. This program will significantly upgrade operational technology, Plant, Maintenance, Health, Safety and Environment with a new and expanded set of integrated technologies.
With many projects within the program portfolio, the Financial Analyst role is essential for managing, analyzing and reporting on the financial performance of program and projects.
- Manage budget plans, forecasts and variances across the portfolio of projects
- Manage financial/cost toolkit for the program
- Prepare documentation and analyses of financial results for different audiences
- Validate and report key costing assumptions with stakeholders to support budget planning and approval processes
- Develop standard reports and ad hoc reports as needed
- Support activities and manage/update for 2020 budget
- Work closely with financial stakeholders
- Identify cost/financial dependencies with other projects
- Identify key timeline and cost risks to Portfolio Manager and determine mitigation strategies
- Prepare forecasts of financial results using historical data, trends and other information and resources available
- Develop predictive financial models and provide analyses to support the Program
- Coordinate and facilitate the generation of financial reports to support reporting cadence
- Establish the financial reporting calendar and collaborate with project teams to collect financial baseline plans, forecasts and actual spend.
- Maintain and manage the repository of all portfolio related financial documents.
- Act as a "Super User" and Domain Expert for Financial Reporting and related processes and tools for Budgeting and Planning.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in financial management within a large project environment
- Background in Business or Financial Management and understanding of technology concepts
- Solid understanding of Budget Management, Cost Management and Accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, Teams
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done.
- Genuine interest in the Mining business
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is preferred
- Fluent in English and Spanish would be an asset
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)