Disaster Recovery and Mainframe Database Operational Support Administrator and Analyst
- Contract Term: 6 months possible extension
- Work onsite: downtown Toronto, ON
Our client, a global leading IT company, is looking for a Mainframe Support Administrator (IMS, DB2 database, and Disaster Recovery).
- Self-motivated Disaster Recovery and Mainframe Database operational support administrator and analyst with proven experience in Mainframe code build, documentation and testing
- Experience in disaster recovery and business continuity techniques, processes and procedures for IMS and DB2 database platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of Mainframe applications, databases, products, tools and z/OS environment to support production environment and assist in DR planning and test execution
- Experience in IMS and DB2 database environments and their connectivity with ability to troubleshoot problems arising during building DR environment at the 3rd party site
- Operational understanding of hierarchal and relational database concepts and software including IBM DB2 v11 and IMS v13 with the ability to create Method of Procedure (MoP) for the DR testing
- Operational understanding of IMS processes and concepts such as IMS Packaging, Transaction Flow, Scheduling and Execution, IMS Locking, IMS Logger, and IMS to DB2 connectivity.
- Knowledge in the design, installation, configuration, management, triage and operational support of IBM DB2, including associated administrative tools.
- Advanced knowledge in troubleshooting, tuning and optimizing database performance
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures for DB2 and IMS database platform, including assessing and installing fixes and patches that are required to maintain operational efficiency, performance, functionality, support and security.
- Knowledge of installing and supporting ISV DB2/IMS program products
- Experience in implementing changes into production environment and DR builds
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, as well as collaborating in work and contribute to an agile team environment
- Experience in upgrading IBM DB2 database platform on z/OS.
- Normal working hours are required on day to day basis with on-call off-hours support for change requests (CRQ) implementation, DR test support and production issues troubleshooting
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)