Contract Specialist / Procurement Specialist for IT Infrastructure
- Contract Term: 6 months possible extension
- Work Location: Winnipeg, MB
Our client requires IT Procurement Resource(s) with experience in Contract Negotiation, Contract Development and Contract Management. Prior experience leading and managing contract negotiations with IT service providers is required. Preference will be given to negotiation experience related to IT Infrastructure contracts such as computing hardware and services, end user services, hosting and data centre services, etc. In addition, the IT Resource(s) should excel in areas such as Project Management, Business Analysis, Communications, and Change Management.
- (a) Lead the negotiations and contract development with the selected service provider(s) on behalf of Manitoba.
- (b) Identify contract obligations for the service provider(s) and Manitoba, and outline the service management processes to be established for the successful delivery of these contractual obligations including Service Levels.
- (c) Lead, plan and coordinate the contract negotiations and contract development activities and report status to the BTT project manager.
- (d) Liaise and coordinate with multiple service providers and BTT staff to ensure contract development activities are completed as per the agreed-upon plan.
- (e) Perform business analysis to assist with contract development activities, identifying gaps between existing and future services, and identify gaps or conflicts between various related service agreements.
- (f) Identify the operational processes and requirements to provide effective contract governance and contract management for these services agreements.
- (g) Develop a Communications Plan as well as a Change Management Plan, and lead the implementation of related change activities.
The Resources must collectively have the following minimum qualifications or experience:
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience working in IT/IS Service Delivery Management within complex enterprise environments.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience negotiating and managing complex IT contracts.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in IT operations with a multi-vendor environment.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in project management in government/public sector environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex technical and business requirements to all areas whether it is to the client, vendors, team members, or executives.
- ITIL, PMP, PRINCE2, Prosci, or CBAP certifications will be preferred.
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)