Cloud Network SME/Infrastructure Architect - Cloud Services & Solutioning
- Contract Duration: 1 year
- Worksite: Toronto, ON
Our client, a global leading IT company, is looking for a Cloud Network SME/Infrastructure Architect - Cloud Services & Solutioning.
- Infrastructure Architects with this skill set concentrate on the development and design of Network Services that support the business requirements of the client - including public, private and hybrid Cloud and Hybrid environments with integrated service assurance with a key and primary focus on Red Hat openshift and kubernetes services (ROKS solutions)
- Capabilities supported include network function virtualization, WAN/LAN, data center networks, network security,, ANPO, automated service chaining and software defined networks (SDN)/Networks as a programmable service including cloud monitoring.
- The technical solutions include evaluation and selection of the software, hardware and services required to meet the client's immediate and long-term requirements.
- Best practices in this specialty use reference architectures and service product assets to develop conceptual and detailed designs. Infrastructure Architects are responsible for build, performance, security, availability and scalability of the solution and the impact on the client's infrastructure. Knowledge and application of Networking protocols including: Network Function Virtualization (NFV), Routing (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP), LAN Switching (VLAN, VTP, STP, EtherChannel, CoS, wireless), WAN (MPLS, MPLS/VPN,MP-BGP), TCP/IP protocol suite,
- Potential Application Protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, SSL ), Network Security Protocols (IPSec VPN, AAA Architecture, TACACS+, RADIUS). Application Load Balancers. Appropriate Certifications include: CCAr, CCDE, CCNP, CCNA, CCIE, JNCP, JNCIE, JNCIP, JNCIS, JNCIA, VMWare NSX, Riverbed.
design and implement a secure and compliant network design and infrastructure to process in minimum performance criteria, the network within the Cloud solution, within the Cloud proposal to the client appliance/circuit, and within the extended management systems (multicloud management, monitoring, integration to other system management tools) and within the storage and data residency solutions (for data at rest, live, backup , resiliency, recovery solution components.
designing and implementing cloud based network solutions - prefer IBM Cloud, Azure or AWS considered.
- Identify, propose and provide merits and risks analysis for solution alternatives to problems
- Apply creative thinking to recommend actions/improvements/optimisation around technology, process, procedure, design
- Engaging to trigger communications directly and in timely manner for any urgent communications. Utilise telephone, direct messaging and email in most effective and timely manner
- Adopt the agile principles is success for the team/sprint as a whole for the common goal
- Experienced in work break down structures, designing micro level solutions and documentation, architecture best principles, consulting principles
- Very diligent record keeping.
- Strong understanding of production managed services principles: SLA's, change control, security & compliance, process controls and governance controls
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)