- Assignment length: 18 months
- Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Character Artist. In this position, you will be expected to help deliver high quality character assets for the Gears of War franchise. You will also be expected to help develop technical best practices for the development of our character tools, pipelines and systems.
- Adhere to the Character Modeling quality bar set by the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Character Art team to achieve key milestones and deliverables.
- Actively accepts feedback from the Art Director and Lead Character Artist.
- Work with the Lead Character Artist to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of game character assets.
- Collaborate with Lead Character Artist and technical teams to develop run-time game character procedures & pipelines.
- Makes a significant, direct contribution to the creation of character art.
- Works towards established production deadlines.
- Must have 6-8+ years of experience in video games. Film/television or equivalent experience will be considered.
- Art-related degree and/or comparable professional experience.
- Exceptional visual and technical understanding in sculpting, 3D modeling & texturing (both high- & low-resolution characters), and creating "game ready" characters.
- Experience with facial morph targets and a knowledge of facial expressions.
- Experience and/or education in sculpting and drawing realistic organic forms with an emphasis on human, biped and quadruped shapes. Excellent anatomical understanding.
- Experience creating both humans and creatures.
- Proficient in Maya.
- Mudbox or Zbrush proficiency a must.
- Experience with Unreal Engines a big plus.
- Experience with Substance Painter a big plus.
- Experience with skeleton/rig creation a plus.
- Self-motivated and directed.
ManpowerGroup is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)