Communication Specialist for IT Change Management
- Contract Duration: start ASAP till Jan 28, 2020
- Worksite: Vancouver OR Calgary onsite
Our client, a global leading organization, is looking for a Communication Specialist.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager, the Communication Specialist will support topics such as digitization, automation and advanced analytics and provides an opportunity to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
The Program is responsible for refreshing and fortifying the digital backbone at operations globally. This program will significantly upgrade operational technology, Plant, Maintenance, Health, Safety and Environment with a new and expanded set of integrated technologies.
With many projects within the Program portfolio, the Communication Specialist role is essential for planning, managing, and delivering communication on behalf of the Program team, broader stakeholder community and also in ensuring alignment of the Program communication strategy with the Transformation Office.
- In collaboration with the Transformation Office, lead planning, execution and evolution of communication strategies for all projects (identifying the impact of projects, plan to mitigate, support provided, information request)
- Develop communications memos/documentation/materials to execute strategy through various channels and for each audience
- Support Portfolio Manager and Program Manager to execute on communications strategy and Plan
- Work closely with Transformation Office, Business Unit leads, Functional Manager, Project Teams and site-identified personnel
- Draft site engagement and communication plan in collaboration with the Transformation Office
- Maintain and manage the repository of all Program communications documents
- Collaborate with project managers, change managers and other key stakeholders to align communication plans across the projects within the program.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supporting communications or change management function
- Experience in knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Ability to articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Background in Communications and understanding of change management concepts
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Ability to distill executive key messages and stories from vast amounts of data and information
- Strong communication, program management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Exceptional communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-motivated and ability to manage competing priorities in order to get the job done.
- Genuine interest in the Mining business
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Fluent in English and Spanish would be an asset.
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)