Opportunity located in downtown Montreal
Cloud Technology Consultant Microsoft
Opportunity Type: Contract
Duration: 1 years with extension
The Migration Velocity Manager focuses on helping customers execute their data migration strategy to move to the Microsoft Cloud. The MVM is a resource well versed with the Migration Process knowledge & Toolset used by the Fast Track Migration team. The Migration Velocity Manager is accountable for the end-to-end migration experience for a customer and is responsible for driving migration throughput and customer satisfaction.
- Plan with the customer to build a schedule that moves the customer’s data to the Microsoft Cloud in the fastest and efficient manner.
- Manage communications with various stakeholders in the case of Enterprise customers with complex, long-drawn migration windows.
- Act as a bridge between the Migration execution team and the customer – keeping customers appraised of the data migration progress and challenges via automated reporting and communication.
- Partner with the FastTrack Engineer on driving pre-flight conversations, helping customers create pre-flight motions, and recommend remediation steps for failed pre-flight users.
- Create and manage all migration events in line with customer schedule creation.
- Recommend best practices for key pilot migrations, and accordingly define customers velocity batch sizes, as part of the scheduling exercise.
- Partner with the migration back-end teams to land the most optimal schedule for the customer.
- Updating high-level schedule in the internal tools to provide visibility of the customers coming in for migrations, migration type and volumes for the Migration factory to plan for resourcing.
- Ensure migration credentials, infrastructure decommission, and customer is offboarded/completed after the migrations are completed. Co-ordinate with Infrastructure and Support teams to accomplish this.
- Be the single point of contact to address escalations coming from customers through a migration engagement.
- Keep internal stakeholders appraised and leverage other FT resources aligned with the account (FM, FE, FTA, CSM, LT) as necessary.
- Own the creation and the data collection for the migration questionnaire
- Partner with the migration team to drive reductions in the window between pilots and velocity for a customer. Move customers to production without sacrificing quality.
- Take on the responsibility of pilot migrations and runbook creation, and feed to velocity partner teams.
- Providing feedback on ways to automate aspects of the role, and continuously find and recommend ways to leverage modern tooling, where possible.
- 4 years+ of Technical proficiency in Exchange and Exchange Online, Active Directory, and related technologies.
- Prior Customer and Partner Focus experience
- Must have experience MSFT exchange 4+
- SharePoint/ One drive 4+
Must be Bilingual English/Portuguese (the addition of Spanish would be a plus)
Please send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org