System Administrators (Application Presentation Services)
- Contract Term: 1.5 years possible extension
- Work Location: Mississauga, ON
Our client, a global leading IT company, is looking for System Administrators who will use their computer science and technical skills to support the implementation of the Health Information System (HIS) project.
Here is what you will get to do on the project:
- Is a critical, hands-on role that will install and administer the application virtualization and presentation infrastructure required to present the HIS applications;
- Performs configuration, deployment, proactive, monitoring and maintenance;
- Installing and managing the application deployment platforms that serve production, reporting, disaster recovery, training, and non-production needs;
- Installing and maintaining the administrative and monitoring tools necessary for high levels of availability and performance of the HIS system;
- Understanding performance metrics, monitoring system performance, and troubleshooting issues;
- Assisting in the configuration and troubleshooting of integrated third party software and peripherals;
- Managing logins for different types of access, including login behavior and working environment configuration;
- Applying platform and HIS upgrades and updates to production and non-production components;
- Responding to emergency and after-hours issues;
- Engaging in capacity planning exercises to ensure adequate system resources;
- Collaborating with your technical teams and the HIS vendor to ensure proactive support;
- Writing and maintaining scripts to improve system management tasks;
- Participating in your change control process for all planned application and technical activities
- Maintaining and testing processes related to business continuity;
- Following vendor and the HIS Vendor best practices for hardware and software configuration; and
- Transition HIS database administration support to operations at the end of the HIS project.
- Our ideal candidate must have a college diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or engineering;
- Must be have at least one technology certification in Windows, Linux, VMware, Network, Security or related technology (e.g. MCSE, RHCE, VCP, CCP-V, CCNA, CISSP, etc.).
- Must have at minimum a Citrix Certified Associate (CCA) certification.
- Citrix Certified Professional (CCP-V) or Citrix Certified Expert (CCE-V) certification in the subject area of Application and Desktop Virtualization is a strong asset.
- A VMware Certified Associate (VCA), VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) certification is a strong asset.
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in application virtualization and presentation technologies and administration including:
- o Citrix Technology Stack (XenApp, NetScaler)
- o VMware Virtualization (VMware)
- o Windows Servers (SQL, Active Directory, Group Policy, PowerShell, etc.)
- o Redhat Enterprise Linux
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of application virtualization and presentation design, configuration and management concepts.
- Have working knowledge of network protocols and functionality including TCP/IP, Active Directory, Domain Name Services, FTP/SCP, HTTP, File Sharing, system deployment and configuration, PowerShell, system hardening and security patch management.
- Have strong scripting and automation capabilities.
- Working knowledge of IT security best practices
- Have demonstrated experience capabilities in the IT infrastructure design space.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Skilled at anticipating and resolving issues and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Forward thinking and innovative with the ability to provide advice, and share vision.
- Comfortable in leading initiatives, and at times being an active participant in initiatives.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting plans and engaging input.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to plan and support high impact and critical projects.
- Lam Guan
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)